Saturday, March 21, 2009

Details...Details...

When I design a book I am not simply copying and pasting the information from your blog into the page. On average, I read each post a dozen times while I carefully position each word, each photograph, each title, each date etc... into the ideal location in your book.

Some posts, like this one from my most recent book, deserve extra special care. Sam and Amelia are twins who spent weeks upon weeks in the NICU before coming home to their parents. Their first birthday was a day to celebrate! Sixteen pages* of their 314 page book are dedicated to their birthday. This particular one includes letters written to the twins from their dad, Joel.

sammy birthday letter

I created a stationary like look for the letters and used a unique font to make it look like Joel had written in the book himself. If you look closely you'll see at the top and the bottom of the page, pairs of balloons.

Because I read the blog posts over and over again during the design process, I know them like the back of my hand. I know that it was very important to Jenny that there were balloons at the birthday party. Her husband stood out on their porch and blew up all the party balloons for her.

My hope is that when Jenny sees those little balloons on the birthday letter stationary it will bring a smile to her face and remind her of Joel's kind gesture.


To see a 15 page preview of my latest book you can click on the button below.

Volume One: the bir...
By Jenny & Joel Hunt...

0 comments:

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP